Our forensic and data experts collect, preserve, analyze, and produce information in a confidential, tightly controlled, and secure environment/procedure that allows for proper preservation of electronic evidence (e-Evidence). Services include breach investigation, root cause analysis, and root cause analysis. We also have experience testifying in Federal Court.
Forensic Data Acquisition:
Generally a forensic capture is required when the media itself has evidentiary value or adverse behavior is suspected; this involves a search of deleted, temporary, and/or “slack” file space for evidence. Continuum’s certified forensic investigation team will work with you to create a complete evidence image on the bit level for each identified media source (i.e. laptop, workstation, server).
Targeted Data Acquisition:
A targeted collection is executed by helping you identify potentially responsive data. During custodian review, we are able to narrow our search by file types, date ranges, media sources, or any other filters deemed appropriate or necessary. Ultimately, we will only collect the specific materials needed to meet your case requirements. We do, however, recommend forensically imaging all hard drives in order to avoid the need to re-collect other file types or date ranges that do become potential sources of evidence as the case develops.
With the growing prevalence of electronic communication, an increasing amount of evidence is contained electronically. As a result, in almost every criminal or civil matter, vital evidence is stored in an electronic format. At Continuum, our trained and experienced industry certified digital forensic investigators are ready to partner with you to handle all of your electronic investigative needs.
- Data Imaging – Receive an irrefutable copy of all electronic data stored on hard drives, cell phones, USB drives, CD/DVDs, diskettes, iPods and digital cameras.
- Data Extraction - Receive the data you need in the format best suited to help you manage your investigation.
- Data / Incident Analysis – Move your incident from investigation to resolution with our expert analysis and creation of the “incident timeline.”
- Data Preparation for Counsel – Use us to organize and document a simple but impactful evidence package that will exceed your evidentiary needs.
- Expert Testimony – We support you at legal proceedings by testifying to our investigative process and findings, and our experts have experience testifying in Federal Court.
Sources of Electronic Evidence:
In an age where a very large percentage of corporate documents are kept only in electronic form, it’s increasingly important to understand what types of devices represent threats to an organization. Continuum has the experience to help unearth threats corporations face as a result of having some of these devices and convey the consequences that may result from these exposures. When an incident occurs, Continuum is available to preserve and examine data on the following items:
- Computers / Portable Hard Drives
- Cell Phones
- iPods / iPads / MP3 Players / Tablets
- GPS Devices
- Thumb Drives
- CDs / DVDs
- Network Servers